Here is a quick list of five positive things about the Royals. It did not take me much time to compile a list after the coaching changes last week. But I did manage to keep my list strictly to positive things about the Royals as a team. I resisted the temptation to include some of my personal favorite things about the Royals and going to games at Kauffman Stadium (you will have to stay tuned for my next blog for when I reveal these). My list of five includes several of the coaching staff changes, but there are a couple of other reasons to be excited.
- Manager Trey Hillman was fired last week. Enough said.
- Third base coach Dave Owen was promptly fired by new manager, Ned Yost. It’s good to see that the Royals don’t have to put up with mistakes by Owen anymore now that his BFF Trey Hillman is gone.
- Ned Yost lures Rusty Kuntz back to the Royals coaching staff. Rusty Kuntz is back taking over at first base, and the Royals will benefit from his knowledge and instruction.
- The Royals play in the AL Central. Although they are in the basement of the division, both the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago White Sox are struggling too. There is reason to hope that the Royals could move into 3rd place in the division with good play and a little luck.
- Kila Ka’aihue. Although Ka’aihue is currently in the minors, he is an exciting prospect with possible strong batting that could give the Royals a boost to the offense.
Get your Royals tickets and check out the Ned Yost era and see if the Royals can improve their place in the AL Central. For the best selection of Kansas City Royals tickets, check out www.ticketsforless.com or call the friendly staff at 913-685-3322.