It’s a special time of year and you want to show that special someone just how much they mean to you, right? We have all the perfect Valentine’s Day date night and gift ideas for anyone this February. Give the gift of an experience and create a lasting memory for life. Start with a romantic dinner leading up to his/her favorite artist, favorite team, or show he/she has been wanting to see. There’s nothing better than a Valentine’s Day date night unlike any other date between the two of you. Plan out the perfect date night in Kansas City and give the gift of a moment shared between two loved ones that will be remembered for years to come.
Valentine’s Day Date Night and Gift Ideas
Do you have a big sports fan you love? Or how about a healthy, fun rivalry between the two of you? Get your special one game tickets for Valentine’s Day and make it the perfect Valentine’s Day date night and gift idea. If you are feeling extra love, wrap up a t-shirt along with your tickets and let your loved one know to gear up for a big night out! Make it extra special for Jayhawk fans and see the 2008 National Championship team honored at the KU vs WVU game this February!
- 507 W 14th St Lawrence, Kansas 66044
- A college-town classic, this little bar is known for great burgers, fries, drinks and ultimately, the atmosphere. Indulge in a Wang burger (burger with egg and all the fixins’) and some tots and finish it off with a beer or specialty drink. The cozy bar has been around for ages and is an iconic bar for all alumni and KU fans in general. It’s only a ten minute walk from the Fieldhouse as well!
- 602 W 9th St, Lawrence, KS 66044
- Not only is Sully and Hanks a new spot in town, t’s right next to Owen’s Flower Shop. Kill two birds with one stone, friends. Not only is the food amazing, the restaurant has outdoor seating. But fear not of the cold! It’s completely heated with a romantic setting of light decorations and cozy wooden tables. It’s the perfect place to get some 5-star appetizers like the loaded Tator Kegs or fill up on specialty beers and crunchy delicious fried chicken sandwiches or juicy burgers.
Did you meet at UMKC? Perhaps UMKC brought you two together during a class, at the library or student union. Reconnect and remember the first moments of the beginning of your relationship and take your loved one back to UMKC to see the Kangaroos play this season. Plan an entire Valentine’s Day date night to head to Kansas City and visit an old favorite restaurant and end the night cheering on the Kangaroos at Municipal Auditorium Arena.
- 802 Southwest Blvd Kansas City, Missouri 64108
- Only every UMKC college kid’s favorite taco Tuesday hot spot, Rico’s has all the authentic Mexican food and you can still dine on a budget. It’s a nostalgic place with good food and fun vibes.
- 1300 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64105
- It’s close to the stadium and it’s the perfect place to go to before a college basketball. With an enormous beer selection, it’s bound to be a great pregame spot. If your special someone is a vegetarian, Yard House can make any item on the menu meat-free! This hotspot date night restaurant with begin your Valentine’s Day date night with a 10/10 and leave you and your s/o happy and full!
- 1702 Village W Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66111
- Legendary BBQ known for great burnt ends and sides, your fingers are going to get dirty, but that’s the fun of it all! If you’re comfortable enough with your date, dig your face into the pulled pork or burnt ends and you won’t regret it. Get two or three different things and share them with one another. Be like Lady and the Tramp, only you’ll be scarfing down BBQ and beans instead of noodles and meatballs. This is an iconic place of KC and to go here for your Valentine’s Day date in Kansas City and go watch Sporting KC, you can’t get much more classic KC than that!
- 1701 Village W Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66111
- An upscale place compared to other restaurants and tailgating for the game, Granite City is the place to go for our Valentine’s Day date if you want to really treat yourselves. However, it is a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for and their bison burger or pretzel bites are delectable. You can take your date and feast on great food and fun drinks to make this V-day perfect. Because it’s so close to Children’s Mercy Park, you can park at Granite City and walk on over for the game afterward! Maybe even take a trip to the Legends and shop around for one more last minute Valentine’s day gift.
- 1330 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64105
- Inside Power and Light, you’ll find this awesome sports bar and grill and it’s literally right across the street from Sprint Center!
- 1310 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
- As fans from all over gather, grab your date and head to Johnny’s! There are lots of TVs, a full service bar and kitchen and walls decorated with sports memorabilia. Cheer on with other fans for other sessions during the Big 12. Then take your special date and head in to Sprint Center to watch your favorite team live! Perhaps this is the year your team is going to make it to the championship. Get some good grub and drinks. Afterward, root on your favorite team with your favorite person by your side.
Brad Paisley– February 16th at Sprint Center at 7:00pm
Country music always has a way to draw couples together. Who would be better than to sing to you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day than Brad Paisley? Some of his best songs are about special moments and time spent with a loved one. This Valentine’s Day, give your loved one the gift of a date night to see the legendary Brad Paisley live in concert!
- 111 E 13th St, Kansas City, MO 64106
- After the show, get your boots ready because this cowboy bar is a guaranteed good time! With a mechanical bull and live music, this country-themed bar is perfect for any date night to top off a country concert! PBR Big Sky always has specials going on and located inside Power and Light, you have anything and everything you need right there.
- 1320 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Right across the street from Sprint Center, this joint gives you all you need for a perfect date. Load up your pizza and share a slice, or seven, before the Brad Paisley concert! It’s a Valentine’s Day date night so carbs and calories can’t count. Everyone loves pizza but show your Valentine how much you love them with a specialty pizza made exactly how they like it.
Lorde– March 3rd at Sprint Center at 7:30pm
- 11 E 14th St, Kansas City, MO 64105
- Just two blocks away from Sprint Center, you can start your memorable night at this great restaurant. With delicious burgers, flashy drinks like cocktails, beers and wine, this spot is perfect for a quaint spot to start out your night, building up excitement to see Lorde! Make the most of your night with great food and drinks and finish it off with the amazing Lorde in concert… or continue date night at the club!
- 1331 Walnut St, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Upscale nightclub inside Power and Light, you can walk over after listening to Lorde live and you might even hear some of her songs again at the club! Their VIP table seating includes couches and reserved sections, bottle service and a DJ. This Valentine’s Day date night location is perfect to pull your partner on the floor and dance the perfect and memorable date night away!
Gloria Trevi & Alejandra Guzman– March 14th at Sprint Center at 8:00pm
- 207 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Known as one of the best Mexican restaurants around KC, take your date this Valentine’s Day to Manny’s for some chips, salsa, queso and delicious meal then head over to Sprint Center to listen to some of the best Hispanic artists in the industry: Gloria and Alejandra! Make this year’s Valentine’s Day date night themed with Mexican music, food, singers and fun!
- 2905 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Even though this is a little further away from Sprint Center, you’ll find a romantic rooftop deck with lights, music and great food. Share a jumbo margarita or get your own. You and your date can laugh, listen and enjoy the atmosphere before listening to some of the greatest music from Trevi and Guzman. Nothing says, “I love you,” like margaritas, tacos and music!
P!nk– March 15th at Sprint Center at 7:30pm
- 1809 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108
- This “hole-in-the-wall” is a secret little saloon featuring live jazz music and scarlet walls. The retro vibes bring back a bit of a prohibition feel. Take your girl or guy to this little spot before or even after P!nk and enjoy an experience unlike any other! Although there is no kitchen, the Lounge offers some food options. There’s cheese plates with Canadian bacon and crackers or a hummus plate with crackers. Get a snazzy drink and sit close to your special someone and enjoy the sounds and scenic views of this little lounge thinking about the show or reminiscing about P!nk’s performance!
- 1323 Walnut St, Kansas City, MO 64106
- This dance club and bar is the perfect after party to P!nk! With fun music, cool lights and great drinks, you can finish your perfect Valentine’s Day date night at dancing and grooving at this fun bar!
Miranda Lambert with Jon Pardi and Ashley McBryde– March 17th at Sprint Center at 7:00pm
- 1340 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
- This is the hip dancing bar around town. After listening to some of country’s hottest artists, head to Shark Bar. Take your date for big, fun drinks and cocktails and lots of dancing! With your cowboy boots on and a hat on your partner, you two can get lost on the dance floor and enjoy the end of your Valentine’s Day date night lost in the music and each other’s arms.
- 1334 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Nothin’ like dancing with your special one, especially with live music! Take your date to this bar for fun live music along with specialty piano music. Sometimes it’s hard to go to a bar with long lines and waits but skip all that here and purchase a bucket of drinks and have drinks ready to go as you and your date finish another. You’re going to leave this place howlin’ at the moon for a good night with your perfect someone.
The Eagles– March 19th at Sprint Center at 8:00pm
- 101 E 14th St, Kansas City, MO 64106
- If you need some food before the show, Bar Louie. If you work up an appetite after jamming out to the eagles, Bar Louie. This American food chain with micro-brews and several happy hour deals, you can’t go wrong with taking your date here. The food is top notch. It’s close to Sprint Center. In addition, there’s outside seating so you two can watch all the festivities of Power and Light while enjoying your meal.
- This cozy spot sets the mood for your Valentine’s Day date night idea. Find a huge variety of bourbon and craft beers but also find unique and delicious food. You two can taste and test all the drinks you want while chatting about the variety of things you love about one another. This taproom is the perfect pregame to The Eagles as it’s quaint and comfortable spot. The Belfry features great rock music and country rock. Then when you head to the show, you can let loose and listen to the iconic band perform their greatest hits.
Treat your loved one to a night to remember. Make lasting memories. Give the gift of an epic Valentine’s Day date night from start to finish and make this V-day the best one yet. Tickets For Less has all the tickets to your favorite shows, performances, and games. With all these tickets, you’ll find the perfect one for your loved one, but never find added fees or taxes. Get your loved one the perfect gift of an event and make this Valentine’s Day last a lifetime.